Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Temple Blessings- Recife Brazil

We take so much for granted in the United States, especially Boise, Idaho. For example: cars, grass, air conditioner, clean streets, carpet, vaccums, washers and dryers, microwaves, steady water supply, exterminators for all the nasty bugs that invade your house and most important: chocolate chips and peanut butter! (Haha,just kidding) And most important, the nearest temple being only 20 minutes away. The nearest temple from where I live in Camaçari Bahia is four states, and 14 hours away. I am not complaining, just reinstating what a BLESSING it is to live in Idaho, or America for that matter. After 14 hours of being in the cramped car, it was hard to remember why I had gone in the first place. Haha.. oh yeah oh yeah, to follow the commandments and gain exaltation with my eternal companion and love of my life… that little fact kind of slipped my mind as my journey across the states of brazil on bumpy dirt roads full of potholes and in a tiny cramped car with the heat of a 120 degree day for 14 hours. Hahaha… (I´m thankful I wasn´t a pioneer!!! And I´m even more thankful for what they had to go through. )
But we arrived and as soon as we entered the temple grounds, I remembered. It is so beautiful there, and it´s not like one temple is more beautiful than the other, but the mere fact of knowing that I was going to do an important work and ordinance there for myself and my prosperity brought such calmness and peace and BEAUTY. The Recife temple will always be close to my heart for that reason.
In the sealing ceremony the sealer President Celestino talked about how a wife isn´t just to be a housekeeper and child rearer, to do domestic duties but to be the equal partner of the husband. And it is his essential duty of the husband to treat his wife like a princess, a queen, and a treasure and doing such will create a celestial marriage. President Celestino looked at Jorge and asked, “Will you do this?” And his answer to the President was “ I already do.” Awww… my love. I love him so much. The president looked into his eyes and said, “Brother Andrade, I know you do and I know you always will.”
I will never forget those words and the feelings I felt during the sealing. Words and feelings that can´t be shared, only treasured in my heart.
We took lots of pictures!!! Except my hair was ugly and so was my makeup and I didn´t have a veil. But I really do love our pictures. I´ll post my favorite ones.


Coming out of the temple as Husband and WifeMy Niece Bruna and I

My husband and me :)

The four of us: Me, Jorge, Fabio,Bruna







The Recife Temple is BEAUTIFUL!


I'm short without shoes on. :)





OPA!!! Sneak peak... hahaha




Runaway Bride??



My Adorable Jorge
He is SO romantic!!! Honeymoon suite in our own house.















3 comments:

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

Congradulations Krista!! Your such a beautiful bride! I love the honeymoon sweet :)-hope you are doing great!

RORYJEAN said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwww! I love these pictures- you look beautiful (I think your hair and makeup look great) and the pictures show what a fun couple you are! Nice honeymoon suite! I'm sure the honeymoon is still going for you two. Love ya!

Christy said...

AWW!!! Those pictures are awesome!!! I love all of them, especially the ones where you are up against the tree and Jorge is kissing you! WHOO- HOOO! Those are steamy! hehe! Enjoy your honeymoon! LOve you and miss you!