Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Finally some pictures!! I know that most of you have probably already seen these pictures on my sisters facebook, but now they are officially on my blog.



First, the trip to RIO! Here we are on top of the Christ the Redeemer Statue. One of the NEW seven wonders of the world. It really was breathtaking!! You can see this statue for miles and miles.





Here we are playing "Lost" in the Banyon (bamboo) trees. This place is located on top of Sugar Loaf Mountain, another wonder of Rio de Janiero. There are pathways that lead to different hiding places. It was so fun I felt like a kid again.



This is the awesome view from the top of Sugar Loaf Mountain. The amazing beach you can see in the background is Copacabana Beach. I love this picture... it captures the view that was seriously breathtaking.



Here we are at the bottom of Sugar Loaf. There are glass cable cars which take you to one mountain first, and then to the highest one after that. Everyone needs to come here!


Another view from Sugar Loaf Mountain. If you look really closely in the upper left corner-ish, you can see Christ the Redeemer Statue. COOL!

2 comments:

RORYJEAN said...

Wow! What fun! As soon as we can afford a plane ticket, we are SO coming to visit you :) So how is married life treating you??? Are you excited for your first Christmas together?

Emily said...

Your trip in Rio looks like so much fun. Ever since my brother served there, I've wanted to go. I'm glad you got to do that with your sisters. I echo Rory's questions. How is married life? Do you have a place to live? Are you working?