Saturday, December 27, 2008

Here are a few pictures from the actual wedding. We did hire a photographer to take some pictures, but to be honest, I prefer the pictures we took with our cameras a hundred times better… Professional photography isn´t always the best way to go. That´s my two cents. The wedding was so funny, now that I remember back to that day, because it is so different than what I was raised with and use to. Weddings in the states are so…what´s the word… Proper. In Brazil, it´s like a circus! Hahaha… people talking and chatting during the ceremony, walking around, getting as close as possible to the bride and groom to take pictures, kids running around and the man performing the ceremony LOST in his own little world as he gave his 30 minute “talk”. I kept sneaking peaks over at Kelsey and Holly to see if they were as weirded out as I was. Haha… Even the little ring bearer boy got up from his seat during the ceremony to leave and on his sweet way out TOTALLY tripped on the train of my wedding dress and biffed it right there in the aisle in the MIDDLE OF THE CEREMONY. That only happens in movies or the Little Mermaid or something. Hahaha… oh man, or in Brazil. Besides that, the two hours of lateness waiting for the ceremony to even begin, hugging and kissing and posing for pictures with 500 people i´ve never seen in my life, a headache and sore feet, I´d have to say my wedding day wasn´t the greatest day of my life… but it is definantely one of the most memorable. It was crazy also because I had like zero control over anything. It was seriously like a joke or something. But anyway, that is my new culture, my new family, my new life and I love it all the same. At least I was married to my love, and that´s all that matters. Here are the pictures of the JoKE.













1 comment:

RORYJEAN said...

Haha! Sounds like you had a big fat Greek (wait, I mean Brazilian) wedding. What a fun culture. I wish we were more loud and crazy in the states. It would make life waaaaaaay more interesting. How is married life treating you? Keep the posts coming- I love reading about your new life in Brazil.