Tuesday, November 3, 2009

OOPS, I missed the October Post!

I try to post monthly at least... but didn't quite make the deadline! October, thankfully, has been a full and busy month. Helps to keep me distracted.

I had my 27th birthday!
It was a pretty chill event with just my family. Kelsey made this delicious chocolate peanut butter BSU cake for me! Nice job Kels!! Yum, I want a piece right now!

We went to the corn maze and jumped on the giant trampoline pillow. Wee!
Getting lost inside the maze. Which way do we go Kelsey?
Kelsey also took me to Artist for a Day.
She painted this rice bowl which says LUCKY.
And I painted this Halloween plate. It didn't turn out looking professional or anything, but hey it was fun!

We also kept up the family tradition of going to FRIGHTMARES at Lagoon. It was full of Haunted Houses, and creepy dead people and FUN rollercoasters. It was a great time with the fam.

This is a giant spooky Alien who walks around and puts his arm on your shoulder to scare the heck out of you!
This is Kelsey's new boyfriend, don't they make a cute couple? :)
Another gross dead man... I had to give this corpse a lesson in good manners, as he was kind of rude... lol
The fam with the Gram. :) OH, and meet my brother's girlfriend Kristin. She is awesome and they are such a cute couple.
Last but not least, H*A*L*L*O*W*E*E*N!!
It was Kelsey's great idea to go as the bad Harry Potter witches. She transformed into Bellatrix Lestrange, strangely perfectly! I was the sidekick sister, Narcissa Malfoy. We didn't go to any parties or anything, just took Natalie and Hailey trick-or-treating in our neighborhood. Our neighborhood was pretty rockin this year! It had haunted houses for people to walk through, a Monster Mash Dance party with awesome strobe lights and fog machines and a DJ in the middle of the street and tons of awesome decorations! That particular street was definitely better than any party! :) I love seeing kids and adults all dressed up. I LOVE HALLOWEEN! And the weather was PERFECT!

Here is Narcissa Malfoy and Bellatrix Lestrange.
In the cemitary!!! Ok, not a real one, just the neighbors cemitary backyard!! oohh!
This is just one of the many cool haunted houses available in our neighborhood. Poor Natalie got so scared in this one that she ran away, tripped, fell and spilled her candy. That didn't make her very happy.
We also had a pary at Preschool. We're missing half our kids but we had a great time showing off costumes, playing Halloween Bingo, Halloween musical chairs, digging for squishy frogs in a bowl of fruit cocktail and of course, BINGING on all the sugar that was available to them that day.

Other events: I've been experiencing what it's like to be cell phone-less and the detachment
from the outside world. I accidently dropped my phone in the bathtub as I was taking a bubble bath AND text messaging... oops! My tight budget doesn't allow me to get a new phone, so I'm unavailable to come to the phone!!!! haha... if you want to get in contact with me, the best way is through email, or facebook. :)
Also, it looks like I'll be moving back in with my parents soon as my grandma's house that I've been living in alone has gone up for sale. *sigh*... Not looking forward to it as I really like having my own place, but it will be good so to not have to pay rent and the company will be nice because I often feel alone living alone, so that will be good too. We shall see what happens.
As far as immigration goes, I got a "Request For Evidence" in the mail saying they needed more evidence of a bona fide marriage, and until I provide the evidence the case is suspended. ARG!!!!! Sometimes I feel like giving up and just moving back to Brazil. The waiting is torture, and depressing. It would be nice to see some positivity in this whole process. COME ONE NOA2!!!!!
Well that's it for now. Bye!

5 comments:

RORYJEAN said...

What a fun month you've had! I LOVE your costumes- you guys are hilar.

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

What a fun filled month-love the costumes and LAGOON-i miss that place-glad you had a great birthday and sorry to hear the process is moving so slow-good luck to you! love ya

RORYJEAN said...

What cell phone company do you use? I might be able to give you my old phone when we switch to a landline. We use verizon.

Christy said...

Glad you had a fun month Krista! I loved you and Kelsey's costumes! Awesome. Thanks for updating us, I am always wondering how you are doing, and want to call you but never do...sad.:( I should! Love you lots!

Alysa Clark said...

I LOVE all the fun details and pictures Krista!!! DO you have your phone bacck?
Love ya!