Thursday, May 28, 2009

No luck this time

Well.... unfortunately Jorge wasn't granted a tourist visa. We had done hours and hours of prep work for this interview... performing mock interviews, going over tons of questions and the responses to them, getting all the paperwork together etc.... When he got there they asked him if 1. He was married, 2. If he was in school, and 3. If he worked. After answering those questions they asked if he was married to an American. He said yes, after that his visa was denied and that was the end of the interview. haha... All our hard work!! hahaha...
So, I guess we'll be doing it the long way... the way everyone else has to do it. But dang, I didn't want to have to wait 10-18 months to do the paperwork and processes. But that is a consequence of marrying a foreigner. What's one year compared to eternity, right?
At least I'll be able to visit him a couple times this year. Once this summer, and again in December.
THANKS to all the friends who were thinking about us!! I'm glad I have you in my life.

3 comments:

RORYJEAN said...

Boo! I can't believe how complicated they make it to get a visa- I mean, seriously, you're married, he shouldn't have to wait a year. LAME. So will it be 10-18 months from now that he gets to come to the states, or does that include the time you have already been apart? Hang in there- a year probably seems like a long time when you miss him so much, but it's small compared to a lifetime together.

Christy said...

Ah man! I am so sorry to hear that Krista! I bet you are just dying to see him and hold each other. Well hang in there friend. You have been in my prayers. Heavenly Father loves you and is aware of your needs and desires. I hope it will be closer to 10months rather than 18! Give me a call if you need to chat. Love YOU!

Ashlie said...

I ditto Rory. LAME and BOO! That stinks, Krista. Good luck!