Monday, October 27, 2008

5 more nights in America

I leave on Saturday morning. It seems so surreal. Yesterday I hugged Holly good-bye after leaving our Grandma's house in Preston to travel our seperate ways, and I couldn't believe the words that came out of my mouth: "BYE HOLLY! I'll see you in Rio!" WHAT??? The next time I see my sister will be in Brazil?? Holy fruit salad bowl, batman. WEIRD!! Anyway, I almost cried after that. My life is going to change completely.
I got to hang out with Christy, Emily and Kim last weekend and Holly, Alysa and Kelsey this weekend. It makes me feel so good to hang out with my best friends. My friendships are so deep and rich, it feels so comfortable, and homey. ( I tried to upload pictures of Christy, Emily and Kim here but it isn't working!)

I've thought a lot this past little while about if I'm honestly ready to "give up" comfortable singlehood.... not that I was having doubts about Jorge, or Brazil, or marriage... but haha... these are HUGE changes. The unknown is frightening. How will the adjustment be? How will my days go? What will our reactions be to each other? It's been so long. I just need Jorge to be my best friend from now on. And going to Brazil is the only way to know for sure. So I am packing my bags...my life... and I'm leaving on Saturday. Leaving the comfort bubble is the only way to grow and experience all that life has to offer, at least for me. Leaving the comfort of home is completely necessary in life... it's an essential step. I may be doing it to the extreme, true... haha... but I have to keep reminding myself that this is what I want, that this will make me happy and most importantly this is Heavenly Father's plan for us. I need to push the scared feelings aside and take that leap of faith and jump. I have to get through the scary part by being strong and then just let life's blessings happen. 1,2,3, GO!

PS. Jorge doesn't even know I'm coming this weekend. HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! It wasn't necessarily my plan to NOT tell him, but I just can't seem to actually, tell him. The words don't come out and then the departure date gets closer. So, then I am thinking, well maybe it's suppose to be a surprise. At least this way, he won't have to carry the burden of >NERVOUSNESS ANXIOUSNESS... which are horrible feelings that no one should have to go through. hahaha... If anyone reads this blog, what is your opinion? Tell him? Surprise him?

6 comments:

RORYJEAN said...

Wow! Only a few days left! Trust me, love is worth all the change that accmpanies it. No matter what happens, can you imagine how you would feel if you decided to stay in Boise? Go for it. And, if it was me, I would probably tell Jorge I was coming, because I bet he wants to do a few things to prepare for you. But you know him better than anyone- does he like surprises? How would you react if he unexpectedly arrived on your doorstep? Suprises are fun... I don't know. Either way, he'll be happy to see you.

I'm so excited for you! You MUST keep posting and keep us all updated! LOVE YOU!

Christy said...

Krista!! Why is it that everytime I get to read, talk, hang out, or hug you, I cry!?! I just love you!!! Wow! Only five nights in America! Holy buckets! Um, I don't know what you should do...I hate surprises unless I don't know anything about it then I love surprises! But if I know there is something fishy going on then I won't stop asking until I get it out of someone! hehe. SO I am with Rory on this one, you know him more than we do. You could do both, tell him a few hours before you arrive, that's a surprise plus gives him time to shower and look his best! Bota-bing! hehe. I wish we could have thrown you a bridal shower before you left...I would have loved that as much as you would have! There's always next summer when you return!
Thanks for the fun time last weekend. It was exactly what I needed, and I am glad I got to come before you head off to BRAZIL!!! Crazy. Well i will be thinking of you always and post regularly for all of us that are obsessed with you! hehe ;) LOVE YOU!

RORYJEAN said...

You have to tell us what you decide- to surprise or not to surprise. I'm so excited for you!

KristaN107 said...

WOW thanks for your opinions. You girls and my mom say that I should tell him... but I still havn't decided. I emailed his best friend who has become a really good friend of mine also to see his opinion on the matter. hahaha... I'll probably go with what he says since he is the one that has lived with him for many years. Don't worry, I'll let you know! THAANKS! LOVE YOU

RORYJEAN said...

You're in brazil now!!!! Please post soon and tell us how it went! Or email me! I keep thinking about you, wondering how everything is going.

Christy said...

HOw's my Krista doing?! What have you been doing? I want to know everything in a DETAIL-ED email!!:) LOVE you!