Sunday, July 3, 2011

Busy month

June flew by! I enjoyed the whole month off from work. Here are the updates of what I was up to while I had my month off:

~ We had our first OB/GYN appointment on June 6th and heard the heartbeat for the first time. Fetal heartbeat of 164. :) I was thrilled and relieved to hear such a healthy and fast heartbeat, especially since I was so worried because of how little I could eat. I lost 30 pounds in the first 14 weeks being so sick with nausea. But good thing I had a lot of extra "reserves" for the little nugget to thrive off of, so it's doing well. We have our next dr. appointment on Tuesday the 5th. Meanwhile, I am 18 weeks along and HAPPILY enjoying my second trimester and eating again. :)

~ Holly and Nick's wedding was on June 10th! What a fun and special day. I can't believe my little sister is married! They were sealed in the Boise temple and afterwards had a beautiful reception at Eagle Hills golf course. We took lots of cute and fun pictures and I'll put them here.


Nick & Holly Warren!

One big happy family!


Cutting the cake at the reception






First dance as husband and wife


Throwing the bouquet (bouquets)


So funny that with all the single ladies there to catch the bouquets, Kelsey, Natalie, Kristin (future sis-in-law) and Ella (neice) all caught the one!


Jorge and Nick having fun on the dance floor.


The get-away car!!!


Other happenings this month:

~ I got to go to Moses Lake and visit Hayley & Carlos and their kids for a few days. :) It was so fun to relax and hang out with the family. I enjoyed the simplicity of just chatting, playing games together, reading books, watching the kids play outside, eating delicious meals, cheering on Fiona learn how to crawl, giggling at Ellia's tantrums and randomness and admiring Ava's maturity and playfulness. Such a great family!

~ The day I got back home from Moses Lake, I came home to a big plumbing problem in our apartment with water all over our bathroom floor, tub, kitchen floor... EVERYWHERE! Big sewage back up problems and the smell was so horrible we moved back into my Mom's house. We were planning on moving back in anyway, but the plumbing problems just moved the move out date up by a couple weeks.

~ The original reason we moved back in with my mom was to be able to save up some money to buy our first house! We are still in the beginning stages of house hunting.. .still working with a mortgage lender on how much we qualify for, but we would LOVE to be in our own little home before the time the baby comes. I don't see the reason in paying $750 in rent when we could pay $750 in a mortgage payment. Plus with the housing market the way it is now, it's an excellent time to buy. Jorge and I are excited for this adventure too.

Well that's about it for now. I start back work on Tuesday, but will blog again soon with the house hunting updates, baby updates (we get our first ultrasound in 2 weeks!) and ANOTHER sibling wedding coming up this month! Yay for weddings!!

Tchau!

1 comment:

RORYJEAN said...

Oh wow! You have so many exciting things going on these days! Which sibling is getting married? Ryan? Kelsey?

We wanted to come over to Moses Lake for the reception there and to visit, but our kids were sick. I wish we could have seen you guys. If you ever want to take a vacation up this way we'd love to have you! Also, what is your phone number? I don't have it and would love to call you and just chat once in a while. email me: roryjean at g mail dot com.

Please keep us posted about the baby and the house hunting. We've had so much fun fixing up our fixer upper- home ownership is lots of fun. And being a parent is always an adventure- I am so excited for you both!

Love you!